You can process split payments on eHopper, using whatever payment type you have set up on the POS (Ex: Cash, Credit Card, External Payment, EBT).
- Can only be performed by Administrator, Manager, and Salesperson employee roles.
- US and Canada Freedom customers can use credit cards as a split payment option if the Credit/Debit POS Integration app was installed and the terminal was set up.
- The credit card option can also only be used when connected to the internet.
- EBT cards can be used as a split payment option if the EBT Card app was installed and EBT was enabled in the Payment Gateway tab of Back Office Store Settings, after selecting PAX from the Payment Gateway drop-down.
- Debit Cards are not an option for split payments, unless customers use signature debit cards, in which case Credit Card should be selected. Exception: If a surcharge was added in the Merchant Fee tab of Store Settings, Signature Debit Card will be available as an option for split payments.
1. After selecting one or more product(s) in the catalog, click on the green All Payments button on the bottom left of the screen.
2. Select Split Payment as the payment method.
3. On the Split Payment screen, select the number of individual payments for the order by tapping the + or - sign until you get to that number. The default will be set at 2.
4. For each individual payment, a row will appear. Select the payment type for each payment by tapping the down arrow on each row and then selecting the preferred option for each.
5. By default, the cost will be split evenly across all payments. You can edit the cost for each payment by inputting the cursor where the $ amount is and entering the desired amount.
- The sum of all amounts must be = to the total sales price of order. It will update the other amounts automatically to make them = to the total sales price.
6. Select the Charge button next to each payment row to charge each individual payment by their selected payment option.
- When charged payment type is Cash, you will be moved to the Cash Payment screen. Follow the steps in the following article to process the transaction: Cash Payments
- When charged payment type is Credit Card, you will be moved to the Credit Card Payment screen. Follow the steps in the following article to process the transaction: Credit Card Payments
- When charged payment type is External Payment, you will be moved to the External Payment screen. Follow the steps in the following article to process the transaction: External Payments
- When charged payment type is EBT Card, you will be moved to the EBT Card Payment screen. Follow the steps in the following article to process the transaction: EBT Card Payments
7. After each payment is processed, you will return to the Split Payment screen, where you can select to charge another payment.
- A check mark will appear in each successfully processed row and you will have the option to Void each processed payment.
8. After all payments have been charged and you moved back to the Split Payment screen, select the PROCESS button.
9. Choose to either Email receipt or Print receipt by tapping the switch to the right of the option (if selected, will appear as blue).
- You also have the option to Print kitchen receipt if enabled for one of the products in the order in the Products section of Back Office.
- If the Print Receipt or Print Kitchen Receipt option was turned off for a transaction, it will be turned off by default for future transactions until it is turned on again for another transaction.
- If you selected Email receipt, you will have the option to create the customer in the system, saving his email address, name, and order information. To do this, select the Add new customer? switch so it turns green and then you will have the ability to enter his First Name and Last Name.
Note: this option will not be available if a customer was already selected for the order.
- If you purchased the Marketing & Loyalty app, you can perform a Loyalty Check-In for the customer by tapping the switch (will appear green when on).
10. Click the DONE button.
EBT Card Payments
Overview US customers utilizing a paid software package (starting with Essential Plus) with Pax terminals can use EBT Cards as a payment option in POS. Please contact your credit card processor to see if they accept EBT cards as well. Prerequisites ...
Overview You can use external processors in eHopper as a non-integrated solution, with all order data being saved in our system, while being processed on your own terminal. Requirements In Back Office, go to Settings--->Store Settings and make sure ...
Split Payments on Poynt
Requirements Can only be performed by Administrator, Manager, and Salesperson employee roles. Can only use credit card as split payment option if installed Credit/Debit POS Integration app. Otherwise, can use credit card as part of external payment ...
Credit Card Payments
Overview US and Canada customers utilizing a paid software package (staring with Essential Plus) can process credit card payments on eHopper once their credit card terminal is set up (Pax, Poynt, DejaVoo, ChargeAnywhere). Requirements Must be a ...
Split Payment by Guest
Overview Note: This feature is only available with the Restaurant or OmniChannel plan. If every guest at a table would like to pay for their own items, as opposed to splitting the whole order payment, you can utilize the split payment by guest ...