US and Canada customers utilizing a paid software package (staring with Essential Plus) can process credit card payments on eHopper once their credit card terminal is set up (Pax, Poynt, DejaVoo, ChargeAnywhere).
- Must be a Freedom Package customer and have installed the Credit/Debit POS Integration app in the Back Office App Directory.
- Before you can process credit card payments, you must first select the payment gateway in the Payment Gateway tab in Store Settings on Back Office.
- Terminal must be set up on Terminal Setup page in POS.
- Credit card payments are only available when online and when device is connected to same network as terminal.
- Can only be performed by Administrator, Manager, and Salesperson employee roles.
1. After selecting one or more product(s) in the catalog, click on the green All Payments button on the bottom left of the screen.
2. Select Credit Card as the payment method.
3. Depending on Tips & Signature setup in BO Store Settings, the customer will add tips and/or input signature either On screen, On terminal, or On receipt.
Note: If the EBT app is installed, only signatures will be enabled and not tips. If the Tips & signature on POS shown: box is not checked on the Tips tab in Back Office Store Settings, neither tips nor signature will be enabled and the sections will not appear.
- If Tips & Signature 'On screen' was selected, on the Tips screen, choose whether to input the tip amount as a % or $ amount via the blue toggle switch. Then, input the tip amount with the calculator (the keyboard shortcut buttons that appear depend on what was inputted in the Tips tab of Store Settings in Back Office). Select the Process button when done.
4. On the Credit Card Payment screen, either swipe/insert the card or click on the Enter card manually switch to enter the card info manually.
- If inputting manually, enter the card number and expiration date in their respective fields, using the calculator or your keyboard and then click the Process button.
- If you did not choose to enter card info manually, swipe/insert the card on your terminal.
5. On the Receipt screen:
- On the right side, you can have the customer input their signature, and select either to Print receipt and/or Email receipt.
- You also have the option to Print kitchen receipt if enabled for one of the products in the order in the Products section of Back Office.
- If the Print Receipt or Print Kitchen Receipt option was turned off for a transaction, it will be turned off by default for future transactions until it is turned on again for another transaction.
- If you selected Email receipt, you will have the option to create the customer in the system, saving his email address, name, and order information. To do this, select the Add new customer? switch so it turns green and then you will have the ability to enter his First Name and Last Name.
Note: this option will not be available if a customer was already selected for the order.
6. Click DONE to finalize the payment and print/email the receipt(s).
- If the Tips & Signature 'On receipt' option was selected:
- A Merchant copy and Customer copy of the receipt will be printed. The Merchant copy will display fields where the customer can input, both, tips and their signature.
- The tip amount that was placed on the receipt should be entered on the Tips page of POS, accessed from the left navigation menu, and then close the batch.
- If Canada was selected as your Country in Back Office Store Settings and DejaVoo was selected as your store's payment gateway in the Store Settings Payment Gateway tab, a Merchant copy and Customer copy of the receipt will print for every transaction. The Merchant copy will only display a field for customer signature if the signature was not already inputted on the terminal (signature can not be saved 'On screen' in Canada).